AUMUND developed the BWD Double Bucket Elevator as a means for tackling conveying capacities of over 1,800 m3/h. This bucket elevator can be designed with centre distances of over 90 m and is a combination of two standard bucket elevators, each with a rear central chain. Both bucket strands run on a common drive shaft which is supported in plummer block bearings and driven by double drives.
Features and Characteristics
- conveying capacities of more than 1,800 m3/h
- centre distances greater than 90 m
- symmetrical weight distribution for long service life of chain and drive shaft
- no mechanical connection between the bucket strands
- material feed via flow divider
- tension axles are supported separately in order to be able to control the chain length of the two strands independently of each other